[comp.windows.ms] Windows 386 and Dos 4

jg3o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jason Ari Goldstein) (02/23/90)

I don't knwo if this was discussed before but I just ran across the fact
that Windows 386 won't run under Dos 4.0X.   I am trying to install it
on a machine and it installs fine but it won't run.  Does any one have
any info on this?  Is there a patch? Ect.?

Later...

me
"Playing the Blues isn't supposed to make you feel better,
 It is supposed to make everyone else feel worse."
Over, Finished, Gone, Done, Out.  (Finally)

press@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Barry Press) (02/24/90)

In article <cZt1vdi00WAB054mU_@andrew.cmu.edu> jg3o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jason Ari Goldstein) writes:
>I don't knwo if this was discussed before but I just ran across the fact
>that Windows 386 won't run under Dos 4.0X.   I am trying to install it
>on a machine and it installs fine but it won't run.  Does any one have
>any info on this?  Is there a patch? Ect.?

I'm wondering where you got this info.  At one time, that was so, but has not
been so for a long time.  A PS/2-70 I setup a year and a half ago continues
to run /386 just fine.  The version of /386 is at least that old, too.
--
Barry Press                                 Internet: press@venice.sedd.trw.com