[comp.windows.ms] Summary - WIN386 and DOS 4.xx

jg3o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jason Ari Goldstein) (02/28/90)

Thanks for all of your replies.

I have gotten all sorts of replies telling me "I have been running it fine!".
Those who have have been using ver 2.11.  The version I was dealing with is
version 2.03, which won't work.

Thanx again.

Later...me

abukarb@prism.cs.orst.edu (Bassam A. Abu-Karroum) (03/01/90)

In article <kZumzDy00Uh7Q1xdBz@andrew.cmu.edu> jg3o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jason Ari Goldstein) writes:
>Thanks for all of your replies.
>
>I have gotten all sorts of replies telling me "I have been running it fine!".
>Those who have have been using ver 2.11.  The version I was dealing with is
>version 2.03, which won't work.
>
>Thanx again.
>
>Later...me

You're right. Version 2.03 of Windows/386 will NOT work with DOS 4.0x. You
need to update to version 2.10 with file dates later that 9/7/88 or to
version 2.11. To check for file dates, check the dates on the SETUP disk files.
I believe all files will have the same date.

Bassam