[comp.windows.ms] Win programs and debugging Windows

mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (03/12/90)

Hello.

I downloaded WinQVT, the shareware VT100 emulator, version 4.15. However, it
crashes everytime I exit. I am using Windows/386's debugging version, and have
noticed this problem with another shareware program, Tetris for windows that
was posted in this newsgroup. Everytime I quit, windows just locks up; during
the duration of the program, however, everything is just fine. I even tried to
run both of these programs under cvw/2 to see if windows would give some error
message on my second monitor - it sure did: "Stack error: Abort, retry, fail?".
Before this message, windows dumped about 5 screen fulls of numbers; being of
a much lower caliber than the average programmer, I was unable to memorise and
decipher them!

Thanks

Milan.

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (03/12/90)

In article <118500003@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Hello.
>
>I downloaded WinQVT, the shareware VT100 emulator, version 4.15. However, it
>crashes everytime I exit. I am using Windows/386's debugging version, and have

How about downloading it to someplace where we can ftp it?
For example Simtel or us. Our address below (use our directory called
'incoming').

--

	----------------Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi)-------------
			University of Vaasa, Finland

oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) (03/13/90)

In article <1990Mar12.133537.12503@uwasa.fi> hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) writes:
>In article <118500003@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>
>>Hello.
>>
>>I downloaded WinQVT, the shareware VT100 emulator, version 4.15. However, it
>>crashes everytime I exit. I am using Windows/386's debugging version, and have
>
>How about downloading it to someplace where we can ftp it?
>For example Simtel or us. Our address below (use our directory called
>'incoming').

It is available for ftp access already. The FTP site is clvax.cl.msu.edu
and offers anonymous ftp. This site has a full compliment of Windows files
including Public Domain and Shareware apps.

Richard Oppenheimer
Computer Science Center
University of Maryland
oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu

akm@spencer.cs.uoregon.edu (Anant Kartik Mithal) (03/13/90)

In article <1990Mar12.133537.12503@uwasa.fi> hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) writes:
>In article <118500003@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>
>>Hello.
>>
>>I downloaded WinQVT, the shareware VT100 emulator, version 4.15. However, it
>
>How about downloading it to someplace where we can ftp it?
>For example Simtel or us. Our address below (use our directory called
>'incoming').

The site given below is the best site I've found to date for support of
windows archives. It has the latest version of Winqvt (4.15).

clvax1.cl.msu.edu          35.8.2.1        MS Windows

Anant Kartik Mithal					akm@cs.uoregon.edu
Department of Computer Science				akm@oregon.BITNET
University of Oregon
Anant Kartik Mithal					akm@cs.uoregon.edu
Department of Computer Science				akm@oregon.BITNET
University of Oregon

bjm@uther.camelot.cs.cmu.edu (Bret Musser) (03/13/90)

For those of us (namely me) unfamilar with transfering programs
from Unix based systems to PC's, is there a document I can refer to?
For example, what is a .zip file?  And what do I need to transfer
binary files from BSD 4.3 Unix to MSDOS 3.3 (or Windows 2.10).

(currently I'm just running IBM-PC Kermit 2.30-CMU and sometimes
the dumb terminal program that came with windows.)

Thanks in advance,

bjm
--
Bret J. Musser -- Carnegie-Mellon University -- bjm@cs.cmu.edu -- 412-268-8751
"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars." (J.P. Getty)