[comp.windows.ms] Getting Started with Windows

lmustatea@lion.waterloo.edu (Lucian Mustatea) (03/02/90)

Hello,

I am just starting to do some Windows development and I'm already stuck.  I was
attempting to compile the examples that come with the SDK just to make sure that
I had installed MSC 5.1 and SDK 2.1 correctly.  As it turns out I had not, since
every time I try to make one of the programs using the supplied make file, I get
the following error message:

  link4 /NOE clock gettime, clock/align:16, /map, slibw, clock.def

  LINK : fatal error L1082: stub .EXE file not found

Any help would be greatly appreciated since right now I am stuck and I can't
proceed any further.

I have the following configuration:
   windows SDK 2.1
   MSC 5.1
   PCDOS 3.3
   AT

Lucian Mustatea
University of Waterloo
Computer Science

dixon@sagittarius.crd.ge.com (walt dixon) (03/03/90)

In a previous article Lucian Mustatea writes:

>I am just starting to do some Windows development and I'm already stuck.  I was
>attempting to compile the examples that come with the SDK just to make sure that
>I had installed MSC 5.1 and SDK 2.1 correctly.  As it turns out I had not, since
>every time I try to make one of the programs using the supplied make file, I get
>the following error message:

>  link4 /NOE clock gettime, clock/align:16, /map, slibw, clock.def

>  LINK : fatal error L1082: stub .EXE file not found

Make sure that you have modified PATH in autoexec.bat to include the
directory containing your windows files.

Walt Dixon		{arpa:		dixon@crd.ge.com	}
			{us mail:	ge-crd			}
			{		po box 8		}
			{		schenectady, ny 12301	}
			{phone:		518-387-5798		}

Walt Dixon dixon@crd.ge.com

dixon@sagittarius.crd.ge.com (walt dixon) (03/03/90)

The windows setup program presents a list of target machines.  Does
anyone know exactly what part(s) of windows is specific to the target
machine?  In my case I am using Windows/386 on a development system
(Compaq 386/33 -- one of the listed options) but I eventually want to run
on a passive backplane system system (XYCOM -- not one of the listed
options).  Am I SOL, or can windows code be ported to other targets?

Thanks,

bear@bu-pub.bu.edu (Blair M. Burtan) (03/14/90)

>>   link4 /NOE clock gettime, clock/align:16, /map, slibw, clock.def

>>   LINK : fatal error L1082: stub .EXE file not found

You need to make sure that the Windows Development Kit directorys
are in your path and environment variables.  There is a windows.exe
file somewhere.
--
| bear@bu-pub.bu.edu                                  enge05c@buacca.bu.edu |