[comp.windows.ms] Screen dump for Windows?

grosen@amadeus.ucsb.edu (Mark D. Grosen) (03/19/90)

Are there any screen dump utilities for Windows?  Something to dump the
whole screen image into a GIF or some other format file?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark D. Grosen		ARPA: grosen@amadeus.ucsb.edu
Signal Processing Lab / Communications Research Lab
ECE Dept.
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106

morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov (Mike Morris) (03/19/90)

grosen@amadeus.ucsb.edu (Mark D. Grosen) writes:

>Are there any screen dump utilities for Windows?  Something to dump the
>whole screen image into a GIF or some other format file?

I'd like something like that too, but with an option to "snapshot" the
screen to a HP laserjet series II in graphics mode.
I've tried a few shareware programs, but they all come up lacking in one
way or another - one blew up when I had windows 286 in 600x800 mode,
another couldn't handle windows 286 v2.11 or 2.15, but ran under 2.03...
etc.  Dumped 'em all.

Mike Morris                      Internet:   Morris@Jade.JPL.NASA.gov
                                 Missilenet: 34.12 N, 118.02 W
#Include quote.cute.standard     Bellnet:    818-447-7052 (evenings)
#Include disclaimer.standard     Radionet:   WA6ILQ