[comp.windows.ms] AST /386 IBM OS/2 1.2 keyboard problem

biron@eric.mpr.ca (Claude Biron) (04/10/90)

Has anyone encountered a problem with the AST Prem 386 (non C model) running IBM
OS/2 1.2 not being able to use the separate cursor keys in PM (works fine
in text mode).  I've upgraded the original 1.3 bios to 2.3 including the
rom keyboard controller chip to no avail.  What else is involved?  AST
not very knowledgeable / supportive on this problem. Thanks in
advance.

ajai@sce.carleton.ca (Ajai Sehgal) (04/14/90)

In article <2130@kiwi.mpr.ca>, biron@eric.mpr.ca (Claude Biron) writes:
> Has anyone encountered a problem with the AST Prem 386 (non C model) running IBM
> OS/2 1.2 not being able to use the separate cursor keys in PM (works fine

	I'm running V1.2 on a PS2 Model 70 at work and have the same problem
as above. The problem exists on my 386 at home as well. I would guess that this
is a PM bug. Is anyone out there running V1.2 with the arrow keys working ? If
so on what kind of machine ?

Ajai.