[comp.windows.ms] print screen

nance@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Nancy Wu) (05/02/90)

Sorry if this question has already been asked but does anyone have a
program that will let me print a screen under MS-Windows.  I have a print
screen program that I ftp'd from a site in Finland but I can't get it to
work.  Thanks.

-Nancy C. Wu

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (05/03/90)

In article <1990May2.153545.13294@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, nance@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Nancy Wu) writes:
> Sorry if this question has already been asked but does anyone have a
> program that will let me print a screen under MS-Windows.  I have a print
> screen program that I ftp'd from a site in Finland but I can't get it to
> work.  Thanks.

There is a program called WinPrtSc which can be obtained from Windows FTP sites.
It originated in Petzold's book on Programming Windows (I think). It will have
problems on machines with expanded memory (including Win386). I have a version
without this problem (although it doesn't use a hotkey). It also insists on
integer magnifications of the screen, so printed images look much cleaner
(although smaller). I could post a copy if there is enough interest.
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983