[comp.windows.ms] WinQVT and ctrl-S

spolsky-joel@CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky) (05/07/90)

I am using WinQVT 4.15 with Windows 386 2.1, but I find that something
is keeping my ^S's from getting through to emacs, which needs them. I
also have this problem when I run MS-Kermit in a window, although when
I kill windows and run MS-Kermit from DOS, I don't have this problem.
In other words something about Windows is taking liberties with my
^S's! Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Joel

+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
|  Joel Spolsky  | bitnet: spolsky@yalecs.bitnet  uucp:    ...!yale!spolsky |
|                | internet: spolsky@cs.yale.edu  voicenet: +1 203 436 1538 |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
			  - Do the right thing -

altman@sbgrad12.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (05/08/90)

In article <25101@cs.yale.edu> spolsky-joel@CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky) writes:
>I am using WinQVT 4.15 with Windows 386 2.1, but I find that something
>is keeping my ^S's from getting through to emacs, which needs them. I

Check to make sure that the COM: port is setup for Software Handshaking.
Also, check the COMMDriver which came with your windows package.
Drivers shipped before I believe  July of 89 were buggy.
There are revised drivers available on SIMTEL, Compuserve, and Genie.

Hope this helps.