[comp.windows.ms] Info Centers for MSW 3.0

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (05/29/90)

In article <9114@bunny.GTE.COM> abh0@bunny.gte.com.UUCP (Andrew Hudson) writes:
>When Windows 3.0 is released next week there will be a lot of
>stuff that people will want to swap: questions, software, etc.
>I would like to know what places are good repositories
>for Windows related stuff. I know that there is a directory
>full of older Window things on Clarkson's Grape machine.
>There are also online systems like The Source, and BIX.
>Can anyone recommend other bulletin boards, or magazines?

CompuServe is the best place I know of.  On there is a Windows user forum,
a Windows devloper forum, and two new forums for Windows applications (each
forum contains, um, about 15 sections for WinApp companies.  We're under
one of these forums and I've found it a good place to learn a lot about
what's out there.

There are also a few magazines.  Windows Shoppers Guide (a magazine, not the
thing that comes with Windows), WugNet, A Microsoft Newsletter, etc.
--
"Organized fandom is composed of a bunch of nitpickers with a thing for
 trivial pursuit."  -Harlan Ellison

Patrick Deupree ->	patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us

abh0@GTE.COM (Andrew Hudson) (05/30/90)

<
<CompuServe is the best place I know of.  On there is a Windows user forum,
<a Windows devloper forum, and two new forums for Windows applications (each
<forum contains, um, about 15 sections for WinApp companies.  We're under
<one of these forums and I've found it a good place to learn a lot about
<what's out there.
<
<There are also a few magazines.  Windows Shoppers Guide (a magazine, not the
<thing that comes with Windows), WugNet, A Microsoft Newsletter, etc.
<--
<
<Patrick Deupree -<	patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us

Compuserve sounds real nice, but what I would really like to see
is better use of USENET. It's only a matter of months (maybe weeks!)
before comp.windows.ms is innundated by all the usually
repetive requests for this kind of information.
I am in the process of compiling a list of phone numbers,
addresses, internet archive sites, freeware/shareware program
descriptions, etc. I would like to suggest that if you
have info of this sort (e.g. what number to call to order
or upgrade MSW) please post it and I'll add it to my list.
Thanks.

- Andrew Hudson