[comp.windows.ms] Actor 3.0 - June?

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (05/29/90)

In article <3037@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM> rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) writes:

>	Does anyone have any information on Actor 3.0?
>	In was mentioned in the Application Reference List which came
>	with my Windows 3.0 upgrade offer.  The list give it two release
>	dates May and June.

Hey, I was impressed by that list.  We were the only software company to
have one of our products mentioned twice.  @:)

Anyhow, the proper date is June (beginning of June).  This will be the date
on which we ship Actor, WinTrieve, and Language Extensions.  Actor will have
support for all the new Windows features (e.g. Multiple Document Interface,
ComboBoxes, Heirarchical menus, etc.)

We will also be shipping Object Graphics for Windows 3.0 in June.  This will
make the Windows GDI a piece of cake to use and I highly recommend it.  For
those people that order Object Graphics, we will send the Actor 3.0 upgrade
for free (well, you do need to cover shipping).

--
"Organized fandom is composed of a bunch of nitpickers with a thing for
 trivial pursuit."  -Harlan Ellison

Patrick Deupree ->	patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us

In article <1990May28.233814.9286@chinet.chi.il.us> patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) writes:
>Anyhow, the proper date is June (beginning of June).  This will be the date
>on which we ship Actor, WinTrieve, and Language Extensions.

As a side note, we are taking orders now for Actor 3.0, so the sooner the order
comes in the sooner we ship it out in June.

--

abh0@GTE.COM (Andrew Hudson) (05/30/90)

In article [1990May28.233814.9286@chinet.chi.il.us[ patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) writes:
[[
[
[Hey, I was impressed by that list.  We were the only software company to
[have one of our products mentioned twice.  @:)
[
[Anyhow, the proper date is June (beginning of June).  This will be the date
[on which we ship Actor, WinTrieve, and Language Extensions.  Actor will have
[support for all the new Windows features (e.g. Multiple Document Interface,
[ComboBoxes, Heirarchical menus, etc.)
[
[We will also be shipping Object Graphics for Windows 3.0 in June.  This will
[make the Windows GDI a piece of cake to use and I highly recommend it.  For
[those people that order Object Graphics, we will send the Actor 3.0 upgrade
[for free (well, you do need to cover shipping).
[
[Patrick Deupree -[	patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us

Just a little reminder that because USENET is mostly
volunteer, and because it is counter to netiquette to
profilgate the commercial interests of one's company
on other company's computer time that you should
add a little note to let other's know of your vested interests
in the matter of Actor and MSW.

Even though Actor may be the best thing that happened to MSW :-)

- Andrew

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (05/30/90)

In article <9170@bunny.GTE.COM> abh0@bunny.gte.com.UUCP (Andrew Hudson) writes:

>In article [1990May28.233814.9286@chinet.chi.il.us[ patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) writes:
>[Hey, I was impressed by that list.  We were the only software company to
>[have one of our products mentioned twice.  @:)

>...you should add a little note to let other's know of your vested interests
>in the matter of Actor and MSW.

Hmm, I sorta thought the part that said "we" would indicate that I work for
the company in question.  @:)

Just be glad I don't start dumping press releases.  @:)