[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 and the Toshiba 5200

riehm@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Riehm) (06/01/90)

 A friend has had serious problems after installing Windows 3.0 in his new
Toshiba
5200.  He has managed to get into the program exactly twice, but the rest of
the time (i.e. usually) the program hangs while the Microsoft screen is on the
screen.  He is using Dos 4.?.  Any comments? Has anyone else had similar
problems?    Carl Riehm.

bxw@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au (Brad Willcott) (06/06/90)

riehm@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Riehm) writes:

>[...]    He is using Dos 4.?.  Any comments?    [...]
>problems?    Carl Riehm.

Yes Carl, tell him to take his DOS 4.X back to his supplier and DEMAND
DOS 3.3 for a start.  Then, COPY his irreplaceable DOCs/DATA/etc. to a backup
media (floppies :-( ), reformat his HDDs with DOS 3.3 and re-install Win 3.0.

When that is done, then come back to us.

As of the time of writting this, I don't support ANY version of DOS 4.XX.  Just
like I don't support any version of dBASE IV.  :-}

I'm the PC Support Consultant at the Computer Centre here.  By the way, these
are MY opinions and NOT the opinions of this establishment (A.D.F.A.)!

Good Luck.

--
Brad Willcott,                          ACSnet:     bxw@ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz
Computing Services,                     Internet:   bxw@ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au