[comp.windows.ms] Windows/3 SDK

pdt@praxis.co.uk (Paul Thomas) (06/05/90)

Hi,
	Does anyone know if the US version of the MS Windows V3.0 SDK
is or will be different to that of the UK version ? I'm coming over
the pond in a week and I was considering purchasing it.

Paul

	Is Windows 3.0 multi-tasking ?

pfrennin@altos86.Altos.COM (Peter Frenning) (06/07/90)

In article <5115@newton.praxis.co.uk> pdt@praxis.co.uk (Paul Thomas) writes:
>Hi,
>	Does anyone know if the US version of the MS Windows V3.0 SDK
>is or will be different to that of the UK version ? I'm coming over
>the pond in a week and I was considering purchasing it.
>
>Paul
Whether it's going to be different from a UK specific version i don't know,
but the version bought here in the US supports all major European languages
and keyboards (No text translations but currency, date, time and other
formats OK). I have mine at home set up for Danish and it works just dandy.

>	Is Windows 3.0 multi-tasking ?

You betcha..... I'm running comms programs in windows in the background
while I'm editing happily in Amipro in foreground. It takes a reasonably
fast machine to do comms in the background without loosing data though.

|Peter Frenning, Altos Computer Systems, San Jose |   ***** TANSTAAFL *****   |
|2641 Orchard Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134         | There Ain't No Such Thing |
|pfrennin@Altos.COM (..!uunet|sun!altos!pfrennin) | As A Free Lunch (Heinlein)|