[comp.windows.ms] Wallpapering MDI Client in Windows 3.0?

kenm@sidd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Ken Mori) (06/08/90)

MDI experts.... Is there any way to wallpaper the MDI Client window with
a custom bitmap relatively painlessly in Windows 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (06/10/90)

In article <2750@ncr-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> kenm@sidd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Ken Mori) writes:
>MDI experts.... Is there any way to wallpaper the MDI Client window with
>a custom bitmap relatively painlessly in Windows 3.0?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Not that I can think of.

See, the problem is this.  Microsoft doesn't supply code that shows you what
the mdi client windows window proc is like.  This being the case, you're not
quite sure how it goes about repainting the client window.  Is it responsible
for painting all the icons and children?  Probably, to some extent.

I'd been thinking of a way to do this myself and I havn't come up with a good
answer yet.  Maybe sometime, though.
--
"Organized fandom is composed of a bunch of nitpickers with a thing for
 trivial pursuit."  -Harlan Ellison

Patrick Deupree ->	patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us