[comp.windows.ms] Tetris for Windows

olaf@ntc.UUCP (Olaf Kaestner) (06/02/90)

Several people in this office steadfastly refuse to upgrade to
MS Windows 3.0 until I can provide them a version of TETRIS that
runs in the new environment.

Is there an update available on the network? Please mail SW order a
pointer where to get it.

Olaf Kaestner
...!pyramid!ntc!olaf
...!pyramid!nixntc!olaf

BTW: Our secretaries don't go beyond 6000 points, our engineers make 9000,
and the engineers kids 12000 - who did better than that?

oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) (06/09/90)

In article <308@ntc.UUCP> olaf@ntc.UUCP (Olaf Kaestner) writes:
>Several people in this office steadfastly refuse to upgrade to
>MS Windows 3.0 until I can provide them a version of TETRIS that
>runs in the new environment.

I got WINTRIS off Simtel20 for Windows 2 and it still works under
Windows 3. The annoying message appears of course, but the nonag
program should take care of that.

Signature under construction

       ______
      /     |                   Richard Oppenheimer
      |     \/                  Computer Science Center
      |     Ri                  University of Maryland
    __|__          __           College Park, Maryland ,USA
    |   |  |______|| \          oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (office)
    |   |   OO  OO--0-|         richard@wam.umd.edu (home)
My employer cares not what I think and knows not what I say. The
opinons expressed herein are my own and are not endorsed by the
Computer Science Center.

altman@sbstaff2.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (06/11/90)

There is a Windows 3.0 compatible version of Tetris with
enhancements available on Compuserve in the WINAPP/NewUploads
forum.

pfrennin@altos86.Altos.COM (Peter Frenning) (06/12/90)

In article <10025@sbcs.sunysb.edu> altman@sbstaff2.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:

>There is a Windows 3.0 compatible version of Tetris with
>enhancements available on Compuserve in the WINAPP/NewUploads
>forum.

Would somebody with Compuserve access PLEASE post here?

+-------------------------------------------------+---------------------------+
|Peter Frenning, Altos Computer Systems, San Jose |   ***** TANSTAAFL *****   |
|2641 Orchard Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134         | There Ain't No Such Thing |
|pfrennin@Altos.COM (..!uunet|sun!altos!pfrennin) | As A Free Lunch (Heinlein)|
+-------------------------------------------------+---------------------------+

strobl@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Strobl) (06/12/90)

oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) writes:

>In article <308@ntc.UUCP> olaf@ntc.UUCP (Olaf Kaestner) writes:
>>Several people in this office steadfastly refuse to upgrade to
>>MS Windows 3.0 until I can provide them a version of TETRIS that
>>runs in the new environment.

>I got WINTRIS off Simtel20 for Windows 2 and it still works under
>Windows 3. The annoying message appears of course, but the nonag
>program should take care of that.

>Signature under construction

I  have not seen the original question, and had no access to Windows
version 3 until now. I am still waiting for the SDK.

Anyway: my TETRIS clone KLOTZ, which I posted to this newsgroup early this
year seems to run under Win3 in both standard and enhanced mode. Of course
it's a version 2 application, so one gets the warning message.
   When the toolkit arrives here and if I get some free time in the evening,
I will do an improved version of KLOTZ and post it .  I'm not sure
where the better place for posting is, here or in comp.binaries.ibm.pc.
   I could not upload it to Simtel20, because their policy doesn't
allow games (I asked).

Wolfgang Strobl

rspangle@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Randy Spangler) (06/13/90)

KLOTZ.EXE also works fine under win 3.0; I find it superior to wintris, since
it flickers far less.

And on a totally different subject, does anyone know if there's a
comp.windows.ms archive anywhere?  Our system crashed an I lost all
newsfeed from 6/7/90 to 6/12/90 (inclusive).  Or if anyone could mail me
the articles that would be good too.

|    Randy Spangler                    |    The less things change, the    |
|    rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu    |    more they remain the same      |