[comp.windows.ms] real mode windows under enhanced mode windows

phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (06/13/90)

I had heard you could run real mode Windows 3.0 under enhanced
mode Windows 3.0 (386) but when I open up a DOS (full screen)
and say win/r, I lose my mouse and things don't work very well.
It's a Microsoft mouse.

--
Phil Ngai, phil@amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil

marshall@wind55.seri.gov (Marshall L. Buhl) (06/13/90)

phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) writes:

>I had heard you could run real mode Windows 3.0 under enhanced
>mode Windows 3.0 (386) but when I open up a DOS (full screen)
>and say win/r, I lose my mouse and things don't work very well.
>It's a Microsoft mouse.

Phil, the way I did it was to add "Windows (Real)" to my Main program
group with the NEW command in Program Manager.  In the Command Line box
I entered "C:\WINDOWS\WIN /R".  I even changed the icon to that neat
little window.  It works great for me.  But then I have a Logitech
mouse.  You might try it anyway.

Man, I'm really having fun with Win 3.  If only I could get my users to
leave me alone for a month or two...  Even an hour or two would help.
--
Marshall L. Buhl, Jr.                EMAIL: marshall@seri.gov
Senior Computer Engineer             VOICE: (303)231-1014