[comp.windows.ms] Video Drivers for ATI

ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) (06/10/90)

Any word on the video drivers for the ATI VGA Wonder?

If you have any info on them I would like to know.

Thanks.

--
Michael Todd Smith
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccastms

andrzej@bcars268.uucp (Andrzej Bieszczad) (06/11/90)

In article <10294@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) writes:
>Any word on the video drivers for the ATI VGA Wonder?
>
>If you have any info on them I would like to know.
>
>Thanks.

I called ATI a week ago. They told me that the drivers would be
available in 2-3 weeks. They took my address and promised to
send them to me. The drivers should be also published on their
bbs (or something close to that), which was not good for me,
since I do not subscribe.

I hope they will keep the promise. I do not use the generic
svga driver, since I am not interested in anything less than
the 386enh mode (and there was some word about a problem
with that).

BTW, has anybody heard anything about Smalltalk-80 for Win3 ?
I know that Smalltalk/V will be coming at the end of 1990, but
I read somewhere that ParcPlace is closer to a Win3 product.

Andrzej Bieszczad (Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.)  Phone: (613) 763-2259
USENET:  uunet!bnrgate!bigsur!andrzej             Fax:   (613) 763-3283
Surface: Dept. 7G12, P.O. Box 3511, Station C,
         Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4H7

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (06/14/90)

> I called ATI a week ago. They told me that the drivers would be
> available in 2-3 weeks. They took my address and promised to
> send them to me. The drivers should be also published on their
> bbs (or something close to that), which was not good for me,
> since I do not subscribe.

There is an ATI driver available for ftp from 35.8.2.1 (MSU). I think the file
is called VGAWIN.ZIP. It was uploaded a few days ago, so it's probably what
you're looking for. I have a copy if you can't get it from the above.
--
Roger Hadgraft
Monash University               |  fax:    +61 3 565 3409