[comp.windows.ms] 4Dos and Windows??????

zrra07@crx34.trc.amoco.com (Randall R. Appleton) (06/15/90)

Has anyone tried running 4DOS, the *great* command.com replacement with
Windows?  Can one get a set-up like X11, with 4dos creating some 'xterm-like'
windows and MSWindows co-ordinating sort of like X11 does?

Thanks
Randy

shim@zip.eecs.umich.edu (Sam Shim) (06/16/90)

In article <1734@apctrc.UUCP> zrra07@crx34.trc.amoco.com (Randall R. Appleton) writes:
>Has anyone tried running 4DOS, the *great* command.com replacement with
>Windows?  Can one get a set-up like X11, with 4dos creating some 'xterm-like'
>windows and MSWindows co-ordinating sort of like X11 does?

Works fine for me and serveral other people I know.  Since 4Dos replaces
command.com but doesn't add internal Windows support (if that is even
possible) you won`t be able to get any 'xterm-like' windows.

|  Sam Shim                                   | "I didn't do it...            |
|  EECS Departmental Computing Organization   |  It wasn't me...              |
|  University of Michigan                     |  Nobody saw me do it...       |
|  Ann Arbor, MI 48109                        |  Nobody can prove a thing..." |
|  internet: shim@eecs.umich.edu              |  - Bart Simpson               |