[comp.windows.ms] sv800.arc on cica.cica.indiana.edu

hv@funic.funet.fi (Harri Valkama - Uwasa) (06/19/90)

In article <100557@tiger.oxy.edu> traiger@oxy.edu (Saul Traiger) writes:

>In article <1011@peyote.cactus.org> woan@peyote.cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan) writes:
>|>It is important that the mode number be specified in the
>|>[display] section in the variable mode800x600x4.  Another important
>|>fact is that the mode MUST be decimal.  I originally set it up
>|>using hex and it crashed.  The driver may then be copied onto
>|>vga.drv in the ~windows/system subdirectory (after a backup is made :-)
>|>of course).  All should be fine after that.

Yes. Thanks for that DECIMAL info. I am happy to announce that it helped.
A lot. So much that this generic driver now works with my Trident chipset
graphics card. Well, now that we only could get that generic 1024x768...

--
===== Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi, hv@flame.uwasa.fi, hv@funic.funet.fi) =======
| University of Vaasa, PO BOX 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (fax: +358 61 248465) |