[comp.windows.ms] At Last, Com3-4 under Win3

mikel@pyrps5 (Mike Lipsie) (06/27/90)

In article <118500028@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I finally got Com3 and Com4 to work with Win3, especially terminal. There are
>a few pieces that need to fit together before it will work.

THANKS!

With the hints you gave, we finally got it to work.

Our experience:

In win.ini, in the modem section make the line "Modem=Com3,T,3"  (We have
our modem on COM3.  The line was already there, we just had to add the
T,3.)

In system.ini, set Com3Base = 3e8 (instead of the 2e8 that it defaulted to).

Viola!  No need for debug or special programs to poke addresses in 40:xxx
or anything.  We are running the latest DOS 3.x if that makes a difference.

Mike Lipsie                               mikel@pyramid.com
Pyramid Technology Corp, Mountain View, CA  +1 415 335 8657
"Toto kansasoseum non est cognito" -- Phil Frank