[comp.windows.ms] SDK, status.zip

pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (07/03/90)

Hmmmm...just called microsoft, they said they were out of SDK update
coupons...'Why do I need that, just send me the upgrade'....ok, give
us a credit card number et.al. and a document number from the sdk
manuals and you will have it 5-10 working days via federal express!

So hopefully its on the way.

By the way, the program status.zip on 129.79.20.22, are you sure this works.
I have 3MB memory and a 4mb swapfile.  The status lists 300 something K memory
available when I have just the program manager running.
I pull up designer, pagemaker, and winword and now I have 1024k available.

It never goes above this either.  I don't think this works correctly.
If it does, excuse me.  If not, ??????

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (07/03/90)

In article <10919@rouge.usl.edu> pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
>Hmmmm...just called microsoft, they said they were out of SDK update
>coupons...'Why do I need that, just send me the upgrade'....ok, give
>us a credit card number et.al. and a document number from the sdk
>manuals and you will have it 5-10 working days via federal express!
>
>So hopefully its on the way.

I too can verify this. I just called and placed my order. They just needed the
document number from the title page of the Programmers Reference manual, and a
Visa, MC, or AMEX card number.

Price $150 + $5.50 for shipping. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254

dsampson@x102a.harris-atd.com (sampson david 58163) (07/05/90)

In article <mr.646950358@ogre> mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli)
writes:

>BTW, has anyone found those screenblankers for Win3 yet?  If so, can
>we get them posted?

Check out the zip file called WINKER.ZIP ( I believe it's in the
129.79.20.22 site).  The settings pulldown menu entry lets you set a
screen blank time.  BTW,  Winker works fine on a 386 but locks up the
machine on a 286 in protected mode.

David Sampson                                         Harris Corporation
dsampson@x102a.ess.harris.com                   Gov't Aerospace Systems Divison
uunet!x102a!dsampson                                  Melbourne, Florida

mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/06/90)

A friend of mine gave me screen peace yesterday, and it works ok for me in
enhanced mode. One problem I initially had was that it expects the *.spx files
to be in the path, preferably in the windows directory. Also, it seems only
to respond to mouse movement. You could by typing up a hurricane, but unless
you use the mouse, it will kick in.

BTW, if someone still wants me to post screenpeace to an anonymous ftp site,
and can assure me that I will not be sent to siberia etc for it, please
send me email.

Milan
.

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (07/07/90)

In article <118500039@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>A friend of mine gave me screen peace yesterday, and it works ok for me in
>enhanced mode. One problem I initially had was that it expects the *.spx files
>to be in the path, preferably in the windows directory. Also, it seems only

No, you can set 'Saver Path' in win.ini

>BTW, if someone still wants me to post screenpeace to an anonymous ftp site,
>and can assure me that I will not be sent to siberia etc for it, please
>send me email.

Screen Peace is already at several anonymous ftp sites. We got our
copy from terminator.cc.umich.edu and now we have it here in pc/win3
--
===== Harri Valkama   (hv@uwasa.fi, hv@flame.uwasa.fi, hv@nic.funet.fi) =======
| University of Vaasa, PO BOX 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (fax: +358 61 248465) |