[comp.windows.ms] Animation on Card Backs

barron@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Daniel P. Barron) (07/08/90)

In article <2708.268bc676@cc.helsinki.fi> mjokinen@cc.helsinki.fi writes:

>In article <292600014@trsvax>, reyn@trsvax.UUCP writes:
>> A more important aspect of the Solitare game in the seamingly random
>> animation of the card backs.  I swear that I have seen the sun stick its
>> toungue out at me when I'm using the "palm tree" deck.  Friends have told
>> me that all of the card styles have some form of animation, but I've been
>> unable to verify this by direct observation.  I am at this point trying to
>> convince by boss that further and careful investigation is warranted.

In a "special advertising section" in a recent PC Mag said four cardbacks
had animation: the robot's gauge and lights and the flapping bat wings
on the castle happen all the time; the sun pokes it tongue and an ace
coming out of the sleeve of the dealer happen periodically and apparantly
randomly.

db

                                     | E-mail: barron@wharton.upenn.edu
"Hunger only for a taste of justice. |         barron@scrolls.wharton.upenn.edu
 Hunger only for a word of truth."   |         barron@rm105serve.sas.upenn.edu
            --Tracy Chapman          | USMail: Suite 1400, 3620 Locust Walk