[comp.windows.ms] Is there a Ultrascript PC driver for Windows 3?

tt3x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (07/01/90)

	Does anyone know if Imagen has released a version of Ultrascript
PC that works with Windows 3.0?  Primarily a printer driver for windows
3.0?  If so, please let me know how I can get it or the info on it...

Thanks
Bobby Li
INTERNET:  TT3X@VAX5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU

glenn@imagen.UUCP (Glenn Boozer) (07/03/90)

Yes!  The UltraScript for Microsoft Windows 3.0 is in Beta and doing well.

You can contact Roch Willis @ (408) 986-9400 X309 for details.

This version is Windows 2.? compatable and will run in Windows 3.0 Standard and
real modes.

Glenn Boozer
Imagen  [Postscript is what we do best]
(408) 986-9400 X508

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) (07/10/90)

In article <4420.268d48a5@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> tt3x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>	Does anyone know if Imagen has released a version of Ultrascript
>PC that works with Windows 3.0?  Primarily a printer driver for windows
>3.0?  If so, please let me know how I can get it or the info on it...

 According to QMS/Ultrascript (7-9-90), there will NOT be a Windows 3.0
 upgrade for at least "a couple of months."  There basic solution is
 to run it in real mode.

 Obviously, these guys are hard at work 8-)   Considering their slow
 response in the past, I would be impressed if I even got an upgrade
 notice in the mail when the time comes.

glenn@imagen.UUCP (Glenn Boozer) (07/11/90)

In article <653@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM>, ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) writes:
> In article <4420.268d48a5@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> tt3x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> >	Does anyone know if Imagen has released a version of Ultrascript
> >PC that works with Windows 3.0?  Primarily a printer driver for windows
> >3.0?  If so, please let me know how I can get it or the info on it...
>
>  According to QMS/Ultrascript (7-9-90), there will NOT be a Windows 3.0
>  upgrade for at least "a couple of months."  There basic solution is
>  to run it in real mode.
>
>  Obviously, these guys are hard at work 8-)   Considering their slow
>  response in the past, I would be impressed if I even got an upgrade
>  notice in the mail when the time comes.

Who said, "a couple of months."?  Names please!  The Windows 3.0 compatable
version of UltraScript has been in Beta for 3+ weeks with no known
problems.  This version runs in windows Standard and Real Modes as well
as being Windows 2.0 compatable.  The Enhanced Mode version of UltraScript
is under development.

I will post the upgrade notice HERE when it comes available.

Feel free to ask me any questions about UltraScript.  I want/need to know
what the users want/need so I can make the Enhanced Mode version as user
powerfull/friendly as I can.

Glenn Boozer (408) 986-9400x508  [All spelling errors were made by the computer]
QMS/Imagen     [PostScript is what we do best]

ouij@xurilka.UUCP (exhausted jazz surfer) (07/12/90)

In article <653@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> ries@venice.sedd.trw.com (Marc Ries) writes:
>In article <4420.268d48a5@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> tt3x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>>	Does anyone know if Imagen has released a version of Ultrascript
>>PC that works with Windows 3.0?  Primarily a printer driver for windows
>>3.0?  If so, please let me know how I can get it or the info on it...
>
> According to QMS/Ultrascript (7-9-90), there will NOT be a Windows 3.0
> upgrade for at least "a couple of months."  There basic solution is
> to run it in real mode.
>
> Obviously, these guys are hard at work 8-)   Considering their slow
> response in the past, I would be impressed if I even got an upgrade
> notice in the mail when the time comes.

The reason why they can not support Windows 3.0 is that they
are using Rational Systems dos-extender which previously
had the capacity to let protected mode applications
run under windows as long as the the protected mode
application did not any windows system calls.
Rational Systems is hard at working providing
a windows 3 compatibility for protected mode.
Bet money that once rational systems provides
the capabilty, Imagen Releases UltraScript
within weeks :-)

Just an educated guess.

signed

Ouij
(desparately waiting for Rational Systems
so I can release a Win 3.0 application)