[comp.windows.ms] Unrecoverable Application Error message in Win3.0 - Clone & True Blue

ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) (07/12/90)

In article <ED.90Jul8134209@ravel.sli.com> ed@sli.com (Ed Dekker) writes:
>In article <6686@vax1.acs.udel.EDU> bill@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (William Tsai) writes:
>
>   Call me crazy but it happens to me EVERY TIME I run in 386 enhanced
>   mode.  Windows Paint does it to me.  Write does it to me.  Even
>
>Windows 3.0 became unusable.  Every application can and did crash with the
>"Unrecoverable Application Error".  The File Manager crashes every time
>I switch to another application and back.

Similar problems on my Swan 386SX w/ 3MB, Everex MicroEnhancer, Mouse Systems
Mouse *AND* on the lab's IBM PS/2 Model 70 w/ IBM Mouse.

On the other hand, a friend with a *VERY* no-name 25mhz 386, w/ Microsoft Mouse
has no problems.

Caveat Microsoft!!!!

However, 286 mode works fine. For my tastes the /S mode handles dos applicationsbetter than /3 mode anyhow - never liked the fact that windows forgets about
full screen mode after a cut or paste!

tim