[comp.windows.ms] ALMANAC.ZIP

andrzej@bigsur.UUCP (Andrzej Bieszczad) (07/15/90)

I ftp-ed ALMANAC.ZIP from 129.79.20.22, and when I was trying to unzip
it, the file ALMANAC.ALM showed a CRC error. It is a load configuration
for ALMANAC, so I am not able to have a look at the application (the
installation fails). Everything else is fine, and even managed to start
start it (after some hacking), but everything blew out (together with
windows).

I wonder whether there is anybody who could e-mail to me or post in
this newsgroup (it is only about 360 bytes) a correct, zipped version of
the file (ALMANAC.ALM).

Thanks in advance,

	Andrzej

BTW

1) All files which are in a non-archived format (*.EXE), seem to be
   corrupted after I uuencode them, ftp, uudecode on SUN and transfer
   using z-modem to PC. I use BINARY while ftp-ing and in z-modem.
   Any clues why?

2) Could anybody tell me what should be used to unpack *.ZOO and *.LHZ?
   Where from can I obtain the archivers? (I tried to ftp lharc.exe from
   129.79.20.22, but it fails to start outputting `system out of memory`
   or something like that).

Andrzej Bieszczad (Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.)
USENET:  uunet!bnrgate!bigsur!andrzej
BitNet:  andrzej@BNR.CA
Surface: Dept. 7G12, P.O. Box 3511, Station C,    Phone: (613) 763-2259
         Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4H7         Fax:   (613) 763-3283

mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) (07/16/90)

In <1990Jul15.164850.18807@bigsur.uucp> andrzej@bigsur.UUCP (Andrzej Bieszczad) writes:

>I ftp-ed ALMANAC.ZIP from 129.79.20.22, and when I was trying to unzip
>it, the file ALMANAC.ALM showed a CRC error. It is a load configuration
>for ALMANAC, so I am not able to have a look at the application (the
>installation fails). Everything else is fine, and even managed to start
>start it (after some hacking), but everything blew out (together with
>windows).

The file alm094.zip here on cica.cica.indiana.edu (129.79.20.22)
contains no errors.  Perhaps you could ftp a fresh copy and download
it to your PC again.

[c:\tmp\win3] pkzip -vt alm094.zip *.alm

PKZIP (R)   FAST!   Create/Update Utility   Version 1.1   03-15-90
Copr. 1989-1990 PKWARE Inc.  All Rights Reserved.  PKZIP/h for help
PKZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off.

Searching ZIP: ALM094.ZIP

          Filename: ALMANAC.ALM
         File type: text