[net.auto] buying a new car

kadkade (11/16/82)

   A friend of mine is buying a car. He is considering the following
models Toyota Celica, Nissan Sentra, and a Honda hatchback. He is
interested in other peoples experiences with cars of a similar nature
(ie. a hatchback or station-wagon type.). Considering the amount of
information available on this in the auto interest group. I'm asking
the few auto buffs in net-land to MAIL your responses ( any comments
on what he should look for, and the models he should consider) to me.

				       Sudhir Kadkade
				       (decvax!cwruecmp!kadkade)

medin@ucbvax.UUCP (Milo Medin) (05/04/84)

Subject: Buying a new car
Newsgroups: net.auto

I'm probably buying a new car this summer, and I'm strongly
considering a Mustang or Capri.  I am concerned about gas
milage, but also safety, reliablity, and to some extent,
performance.  That is, I dont want a sports car, but I'd like
decent performance as well.  I would probably get the 2.3L
four with a 5 speed (anyone know the mpg figures for the 6?).
I have talked to some friends who have one, and say the are
fairly pleased with it.  Anyone here have any good or bad
experiences with this model line?  Also, what options would
you folks recommend?  I'm willing to consider other cars in the
same price/performance range, but prefer American.  I am
not all that knowledgable about cars, so any help would
greatly be appreciated.

				Thanks,
				Milo Medin
				...!ucbvax!medin
				medin@ucbarpa.arpa

tanner@uwstat.UUCP (10/26/84)

I am thinking of buying a new car and I would like
to hear what people have to say about the Toyota
Corolla, the Honda Civic and the Honda Accord.  I
am particularly interested in what  people like
and don't like about these cars and whether buying
one of these makes with automatic transmission
is advised.  How do these cars hold up in the snow,
and cold?  What is a fair offer for these cars?

                        Thank you
                        Martin Tanner