[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3 DeskJet driver woes

strobl@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Strobl) (07/14/90)

Hi there!

I have problems using my DeskJet plus with the new Windows 3.

1. problem:

   All print output is 0.3 mm below and 0.3 mm left to the point
   it should go. I.e. if I try to print some text or graphics at
   position (10 mm, 10 mm), it gets printed at pos (7 mm, 13 mm).

   Perhaps the author of the printer driver tried to adjust the
   printing position on the page and exchanged the coordinates
   by mistake?

2. problem:

   I tried to print a file, using the DeskJet with the printer
   drive configured to landscape. It worked, but the output
   came out in graphics mode, using the script vector font. This
   is not exactly what I want.

   The printing from the file manager leaves something to be
   desired.

Wolfgang Strobl
#include <std.disclaimer.h>

ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) (07/15/90)

In article <3098@gmdzi.UUCP> strobl@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Strobl) writes:
>I have problems using my DeskJet plus with the new Windows 3.
>
>1. problem:
>
>   All print output is 0.3 mm below and 0.3 mm left to the point
>
>2. problem:
>
>   I tried to print a file, using the DeskJet with the printer
>   drive configured to landscape. It worked, but the output
>   came out in graphics mode, using the script vector font. This

 3. Problem :

    TMSRMN USASCII font cartridge - some windows programs (AmiPro 1.1B
     in particular will only access BOLD fonts (denies existance of
     normal fonts in all sizes - yes I know 14 point TmsRmn is in BOLD only.

 4. Nice Feature :

    Despite small (16k) buffer - intermixes text and 300 dpi graphics better
    than our HP IIP laser printer w/ 512k.

 5. General windows 3.0 question - how does one access the symbol font??????
    Or better yet, does a screen font exist for the HP PI font???????

 tim

strobl@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Strobl) (07/21/90)

I wrote

>I have problems using my DeskJet plus with the new Windows 3.

>1. problem:

>   All print output is 0.3 mm below and 0.3 mm left to the point
>   it should go. I.e. if I try to print some text or graphics at
>   position (10 mm, 10 mm), it gets printed at pos (7 mm, 13 mm).

Oops. I meant: All print output is 3 mm below and 3 mm left to the point.
Sorry.

Wolfgang Strobl