[comp.windows.ms] UNICOM/MS Windows v2.xx comm program

brent@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Brent Johnson) (07/24/90)

I am looking where I could find a version of (I think) it would be called
UNICOM - but am interested in getting a shareware version of any MS Windows
compatible term program.  Thanks in advance - hopefully, I can find one
locally.
-Brent

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!brent
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!brent@nosc.mil
INET: brent@pnet51.orb.mn.org

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (07/25/90)

In article <2913@orbit.cts.com> brent@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Brent Johnson) writes:
>I am looking where I could find a version of (I think) it would be called
>UNICOM - but am interested in getting a shareware version of any MS Windows
>compatible term program.  Thanks in advance - hopefully, I can find one
>locally.

Why not using Telix or better still; Telemate in a window. Works as
charm. I think there are no other programs as good as these are. Under
Windows or elsewhere.
--
== Harri Valkama ==============================================================
| harri.valkama@wmac00.uwasa.fi hv@uwasa.fi hv@flame.uwasa.fi hv@nic.funet.fi |

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan/2100000) (07/25/90)

In article <1990Jul24.210605.17563@uwasa.fi>, hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama
LAKE) writes:
Harri> Why not using Telix or better still; Telemate in a window. Works as
Harri> charm. I think there are no other programs as good as these are. Under
Harri> Windows or elsewhere.

I haven't tried Telemate in a window yet because I would lose mouse
control, but Telix works great in a window, and both CompuServe
Information Manager and Telemate work fine in background mode with
full screen. Try WinQVT (available in pub/pc/win3 on
cica.cica.indiana.edu) for a Windows based terminal; it takes less
overhead than the DOS based programs.

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort              woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan@soda.berkeley.edu +

moran@drivax.UUCP (Mike Moran) (07/26/90)

brent@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Brent Johnson) writes:

>I am looking where I could find a version of (I think) it would be called
>UNICOM - but am interested in getting a shareware version of any MS Windows
>compatible term program.  Thanks in advance - hopefully, I can find one
>locally.
>-Brent

You can call Data Graphics direct and order UNICOM at (206) 932-8871.
There hours are Pacific ? Time.  The only drag is that customer support
is only available on weekday evenings (apparently excluding Fridays).
But the program is very good and can keep up with my Telebit T2500 talking
to other T2500s.  It supports many transfer protocols and works well with
Windows 3.0 (except for the annoying message about being an app. for
previous versions of Windows, and the fact that if you run 'mark memory'
on it the executable gets corrupted).

--
Michael A. Moran
Digital Research