[comp.windows.ms] WinQVT 4.3 - Kermit downloads won't work

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (07/25/90)

I've just started using version 4.3 of WinQVT but I can't get it to do Kermit
Downloads. That is, I put my Vax into server mode in Kermit, pull down the Transfer
menu and select Download, then Kermit Get, type the filename, select Start or
whatever the button is, and after a second it says "Aborted". Now I've been
using version 4.15 with no problems (except that the Kermit Finish" would hang
the machine). So, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Here I was getting ready to register my copy sinceversion 4.3 seems to have
solved the hanging problem with version 4.15, and now I have a more serious
problem!
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |

suess@smaug.cs.hope.edu (Alex &) (07/26/90)

From article <36361.26ae1689@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>, by hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft):
> I've just started using version 4.3 of WinQVT but I can't get it to do Kermit
> Downloads. That is, I put my Vax into server mode in Kermit, pull down the Transfer
> menu and select Download, then Kermit Get, type the filename, select Start or
> whatever the button is, and after a second it says "Aborted". Now I've been
> using version 4.15 with no problems (except that the Kermit Finish" would hang
> the machine). So, has anyone else experienced this problem?
>
> Here I was getting ready to register my copy sinceversion 4.3 seems to have
> solved the hanging problem with version 4.15, and now I have a more serious
> problem!
> --

I had the same problem.  It seems WinQVT lets kermit name the file and
only requires a directory in the path slot.  I usually just use the
directory it displays by default.

Hope this helps,
Alex Suess
Hope College
cs.hope.edu

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (07/27/90)

In article <1990Jul26.032429.21234@cs.hope.edu>, suess@smaug.cs.hope.edu (Alex &) writes:
> From article <36361.26ae1689@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>, by hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft):
>> I've just started using version 4.3 of WinQVT but I can't get it to do Kermit
>> Downloads. That is, I put my Vax into server mode in Kermit, pull down the Transfer
>> menu and select Download, then Kermit Get, type the filename, select Start or
>> whatever the button is, and after a second it says "Aborted". Now I've been
>> using version 4.15 with no problems (except that the Kermit Finish" would hang
>> the machine). So, has anyone else experienced this problem?
>>
>> Here I was getting ready to register my copy sinceversion 4.3 seems to have
>> solved the hanging problem with version 4.15, and now I have a more serious
>> problem!
>> --
>
> I had the same problem.  It seems WinQVT lets kermit name the file and
> only requires a directory in the path slot.  I usually just use the
> directory it displays by default.

This works if you use SEND on the remote Kermit. However, if you put the remote
Kermit in SERVER mode, you must specify a filename locally. This always results
in an "Aborted" message. Looks like I'll use SEND instead of SERVER.