[comp.windows.ms] Panasonic Drivers?

mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Milan Mahendra Shah) (07/31/90)

Hello.

Last night I helped a friend install Win 3 on his machine. I was surprized to
see that Panasonic Printers are not listed at all in the setup! This is very
strange, because as far as I know, Panasonic printers are very popular, and
have often won the PC Magazine Editor's choice award. So, did MSoft simply
overlook them or what?

Thanks!

Milan
.

dorsai@pawl.rpi.edu (G. Donald Moncreaff) (07/31/90)

In article <1990Jul30.201920.25407@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Milan Mahendra Shah) writes:
>Hello.
>
>Last night I helped a friend install Win 3 on his machine. I was surprized to
>see that Panasonic Printers are not listed at all in the setup! This is very
>strange, because as far as I know, Panasonic printers are very popular, and
>have often won the PC Magazine Editor's choice award. So, did MSoft simply
>overlook them or what?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Milan
>.

are you talking dot-matrix or laser?  for dot-matrix panasonic emulates Epson
and IBM proprinter: ie a panasonic 1180 will run as an epson fx86e...
--
respectfully yours,
                                                Gregory D. Moncreaff