[comp.windows.ms] ATI Phone Numbers.

ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) (07/26/90)

Could someone please e-mail me the phone numbers for ATI
Technologies.

Preferrably the BBS and Support line numbers.

Also, as a note the new drivers from ATI ( 800x600x256 &
1024x768x16) will not work with older versions of the ROMS in the
ATI VGA Wonder.  Just call ATI and they will send you new ROMS.

Be ready for the 256 color drivers when they come out with them.
If you don't have the updated ROMS these may not work.

- Mike -

--
Michael Todd Smith
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccastms

L.Parkes@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Lloyd Parkes) (07/26/90)

In article <11802@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) writes:

   Could someone please e-mail me the phone numbers for ATI
   Technologies.

Forget email, how about posting them. And not just the 800 numbers
either. Some of us more worldly customers don't get the inside
continental North America freebies.

					Lloyd
Lloyd Parkes		|	   Bix Licks Stick's Tricks
lloyd@comp.vuw.ac.nz	|    Bix Barton Master of the Rum and Uncanny

guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) (07/27/90)

In <LLOYD.90Jul26120740@makara.comp.vuw.ac.nz> L.Parkes@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Lloyd Parkes) writes:

>In article <11802@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) writes:

>   Could someone please e-mail me the phone numbers for ATI
>   Technologies.

>Forget email, how about posting them. And not just the 800 numbers
>either. Some of us more worldly customers don't get the inside

Ok.   ATIs phone number here in Toronto (Canada) is 416-756-4591.

The 256 color drivers HAVE NOT been released yet, and no release date has
been announced.

I do NOT have any association with ATI other than being a satisfied customer.

Guy.

bradley.grigor@canremote.uucp (BRADLEY GRIGOR) (07/28/90)

cU>Could someone please e-mail me the phone numbers for ATI
cU>Technologies.

ATI Technologies                  User Support: (416) 756-0711
3761 Victoria Park Avenue         Offices:      (416) 756-0718
Scarborough, Ontario              FAX:          (416) 756-0720
Canada   M1W 3S2                  BBS:          (416) 756-4591

...bag     bradley.grigor@canremote.uucp      Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
---

mds@globe02.cs.duke.edu (Mark David Shattuck) (07/30/90)

In article <11802@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) writes:
>Could someone please e-mail me the phone numbers for ATI
>Technologies.
>
>Preferrably the BBS and Support line numbers.
>

>Also, as a note the new drivers from ATI ( 800x600x256 &
>1024x768x16) will not work with older versions of the ROMS in the
>ATI VGA Wonder.  Just call ATI and they will send you new ROMS.
>
>Be ready for the 256 color drivers when they come out with them.
>If you don't have the updated ROMS these may not work.
>
>- Mike -

	BBS:	416-756-4591

Tech Support:	416-756-0711

I just called ATI to get the new ROMS (I have V3M-1.05). The
tech support told me that there was no upgrade for the ROMS
available, that version 3 was still current, but didn't have
any info on the development of drivers for Windows 3.0.

If someone has received a ROM upgrade or has more info on it
could they email or post the info.

	Thanks,

	Mark Shattuck (mds@cs.duke.edu)

keating@casemo.UUCP (John Keating ) (07/31/90)

< >
<
< I just called ATI to get the new ROMS (I have V3M-1.05). The
< tech support told me that there was no upgrade for the ROMS
< available, that version 3 was still current, but didn't have
< any info on the development of drivers for Windows 3.0.

I, too have just finished calling ATI...  Like Mark, they told me there was
no ROM upgrade for my V3-1.05.  It seems that the V4 and V5 versions are
for a different hardware revision.  It seems we who supported the company
earlier are now out in the cold...

Rest assured, though, that the 800x640 drivers work great with the V3.  (But
I bought the ^&*#%(@! card for its 1024x768 resolution!)

--
/* John W. Keating, III      * Convinced by his buddies that in actual fact   */
/* mimsy!casemo!keating      * they were only grave "borrowing," a young Igor */