[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3 to TIFF screen capture?

paha@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Philip Harriman) (08/02/90)

I want to be able to capture a Windows 3.0 window and/or screen to
a TIFF file for placement into PageMaker.

Computer Presentations, Inc. will be shipping ImagePrep Windows for
Windows 3 in 2-3 weeks for $295. (513) 281-3222

Is there anything out there for cheap/free that can do this for me?

It's OK to go to GIF first, since I have software to convert GIF
to TIFF.

Phil Harriman
paha@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

wallwey@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (WALLWEY DEAN WILLIAM) (08/03/90)

In article <8714@ur-cc.UUCP> paha@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Philip Harriman) writes:
>I want to be able to capture a Windows 3.0 window and/or screen to
>a TIFF file for placement into PageMaker.
>
>Computer Presentations, Inc. will be shipping ImagePrep Windows for
>Windows 3 in 2-3 weeks for $295. (513) 281-3222
>
>Is there anything out there for cheap/free that can do this for me?
>
>It's OK to go to GIF first, since I have software to convert GIF
>to TIFF.
>
>Phil Harriman
>paha@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

Its even easier than this with Windows 3.0.  All you need to do is
press the print screen key.  This will copy the current screen to the
clipboard which than can be pasted into what ever application you want.
(I think Pagemaker can take bitmaps from the clipboard, but not sure.)
Anyways, you can also just send the current selected window (the one
with the focus) to the clipboard.  I think its ALT-PrintScrn, but I'm
not sure (I don't have the manual here.)  Anyways its all described in
the Windows 3.0 manual!!

-Dean Wallwey

*-Dean Wallwey   wallwey@snoopy.colorado.edu  or  wallwey@128.138.238.103    *
*"If people drove cars like they run computers, 5% of the driving population *
*would die every business day in automobile accidents!"                      *
* #define DISCLAIMER \                                                       *
* The above comments are my own and not necessarly that of my employer or\   *
* school.    grammer, spelling errors, real heavy flames > NULL              *