[comp.windows.ms] COMMAND POST 7.0 and Screenblanker

stanwass@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (08/07/90)

I have been using COMMAND POST, Version 7.0, and am having
   trouble with the screenblanker.
There is a program --- CP_BLANK.EXE --- which does not always do
   its job.
I tried running it directly, and loading it at start-up time, but
   neither method works.
Any suggestions ???

Thanks in advance !!!

Stan Wasserman
stanwass@uiuc.edu

joel@peora.ccur.com (Joel Upchurch) (08/08/90)

> I have been using COMMAND POST, Version 7.0, and am having
>   trouble with the screenblanker.

You turn on the screen blanker by selecting the Main meu item on the
Command Post Menu, then selecting Reset Options under it. You can
then select the interval for the screen blanker.

I've had problems with the screen blanker. When I was doing a load
download using Terminal, I walked away from the computer. When I came
back Command Post had blanked the screen and the computer was locked
up I had to so a reboot to start the computer.
--
Joel Upchurch/Upchurch Computer Consulting/718 Galsworthy/Orlando, FL 32809
joel@peora.ccur.com {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd,ucf-cs}!peora!joel (407) 859-0982

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (08/09/90)

In article <72200002@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu>, stanwass@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> I have been using COMMAND POST, Version 7.0, and am having
>    trouble with the screenblanker.
> There is a program --- CP_BLANK.EXE --- which does not always do
>    its job.
> I tried running it directly, and loading it at start-up time, but
>    neither method works.
> Any suggestions ???

Command Post invokes the screen blanker itself. If you run CP, it'll look after
the screen blanking. You can set the timeout period.
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |