[comp.windows.ms] Copyright Symbol in AboutBox

kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) (08/04/90)

Using the dialog editor, how does one put the copyright symbol in
a dialog box?  (i.e. the little "c" inside the circle)
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."

bhughes@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Bill Hughes) (08/06/90)

In article <1344@msa3b.UUCP> kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>Using the dialog editor, how does one put the copyright symbol in
>a dialog box?  (i.e. the little "c" inside the circle)

Give the dialog editor the string without the copyright symbol, then go
back and edit the .dlg and put a \251 where you want the copyright symbol to
go.

--
Bill Hughes                       bhughes@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM
NCR SE-Columbia                   (803) 739-7980

garyk@ios.Convergent.COM (Gary Kipnis) (08/06/90)

In article <1344@msa3b.UUCP> kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>Using the dialog editor, how does one put the copyright symbol in
>a dialog box?  (i.e. the little "c" inside the circle)

In  your .rc file put the following string:
"Copyright \251 ..."
251 is the octal ascii code for the copyright symbol.

gary

paul@cscnj.UUCP (Paul Moody) (08/07/90)

In article <1344@msa3b.UUCP>, kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
> Using the dialog editor, how does one put the copyright symbol in
> a dialog box?  (i.e. the little "c" inside the circle)
> --
> Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347

I dont think you can do it with the dialog editor. The character
required is a 0xa9. It shows up as the PL/1 not symbol when included
directly in a dialog definition string.
--
Paul Moody			UUCP: rutgers!cscnj!paul
Computer Sciences Corporation

rpk@wheaties.ai.mit.edu (Robert Krajewski) (08/08/90)

You don't have to edit the resource file to get a (c) character in
your dialog's static text control.  To enter (c), simply use Window's
ANSI code entering hack, which is supposed to work in every
application.  (c)'s code is 169.  (r)'s is 174.  So, while specifying
the text of the static control in the Dialog Editor, hold down Alt,
type 0 1 6 9 on the numeric keypad, and then let go of Alt.

Hey, go wild.

--
Robert P. Krajewski
Internet: rpk@ai.mit.edu ; Lotus: robert_krajewski.lotus@crd.dnet.lotus.com

mcjilton@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (charles mar mcjilton) (08/09/90)

In article <1344@msa3b.UUCP> kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>Using the dialog editor, how does one put the copyright symbol in
>a dialog box?  (i.e. the little "c" inside the circle)

Try making a pushbutton with a 'C' inside it.  Works well in 2.11, but you can
really tell it's a push-button in 3.00.  Then you can have it display a list of
the developers when the copyright is pushed ;-).

<Using a friends account>
Sean

jcmorris@mwunix.mitre.org (Joe Morris) (08/09/90)

In article <1344@msa3b.UUCP> kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>Using the dialog editor, how does one put the copyright symbol in
>a dialog box?  (i.e. the little "c" inside the circle)

It's character 169: hold down ALT while typing the *4* digits 0169 on the
numeric keypad.  Note that this is a *screen* character set item and
doesn't necessarily map to the same graphic if you try to print it.