[comp.windows.ms] Video7 BBS

pouget@urz.unibas.ch (Jean-Daniel Pouget) (08/10/90)

Hi,
I'm looking for the Video7 VEGA Drivers for Win3. The problem is that
I didn't found a ftp-site. I think I know there is a Video7 BBS
somewhere in the US, but I can't remember it's site.
Could any kind soul mail me the address of this Video7 BBS if it exists?

My e-mail address is : pouget@urz.unibas.ch

Thanks !!

alanr@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Alan N Rovner) (08/11/90)

Video 7 is now called Headland Technology.  They do have a BBS, the number is
(415) 656-0503.  The hours on the BBS seem a little funny.  I got home from
work the other day and called around 5:30 pm pacific time with no answer.

I tried again at 7:30 with no answer.  I tried again at 9:00 pm and it did
answer and work normally.  The Win3 drivers for the Vega VGA card are in a
beta phase and located in the BETA files area of the BBS.

I found the 800x600 driver flickers quite badly and was more or less forced
to drop to the 720x540 drivers which don't flicker.

Regards,
Al Rovner
Tektronix Inc.
Vancouver, Wash.

jls@hsv3.UUCP (James Seidman) (08/14/90)

In article <9680@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM> alanr@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Alan N Rovner) writes:
>I tried again at 7:30 with no answer.  I tried again at 9:00 pm and it did
>answer and work normally.  The Win3 drivers for the Vega VGA card are in a
>beta phase and located in the BETA files area of the BBS.

Just FYI, the release versions should be out this week.  The beta versions
just have a little non-fatal bug which sometimes causes the cursor shape to
get trashed.

>I found the 800x600 driver flickers quite badly and was more or less forced
>to drop to the 720x540 drivers which don't flicker.

What kind of monitor are you using?  I've run 800x600 on an old Sony
Multiscan with no significant flicker at all.  Also, note that the driver
itself has nothing to do with the flicker.  The driver simply calls the
BIOS to put it into the appropriate mode.

--
Jim Seidman (Drax), the accidental engineer.
UUCP: ames!vsi1!hsv3!jls