[comp.windows.ms] Slowness of Trident drivers

KTK-VK@finou.oulu.fi (Vesa Komulainen) (08/16/90)

I would appreciate if any happy owners of Trident drivers sent their comments
on the apparent slowness of their Windows drivers (in particular the one for
1024x768). I am using a 16 MHz 386SX with a Morse TVGA card and I find that
the 1024x768 driver is appallingly slow. My TVGA Bios is version 1.00, would
version 1.01 perhaps be faster?

I don't think the drivers for Windows 2.x were as slow as these new ones for
Windows 3.

Ingvar.Strand@ext.luth.se (Ingvar Strand) (08/17/90)

In article <90228.100248KTK-VK@finou.oulu.fi> you write:
>I would appreciate if any happy owners of Trident drivers sent their comments
>on the apparent slowness of their Windows drivers (in particular the one for
>1024x768). I am using a 16 MHz 386SX with a Morse TVGA card and I find that
>the 1024x768 driver is appallingly slow. My TVGA Bios is version 1.00, would
>version 1.01 perhaps be faster?
>
>I don't think the drivers for Windows 2.x were as slow as these new ones for
>Windows 3.

Well, unfortunate I must agree with you, the new drivers are so slow
that it's almost impossible to use paintbrush.
If one tryes to draw a circle it becomes a hexagonal,
I never had this problem with window 2.xx drivers.
So I'm using the generic 800x600x16 driver instead, but I would like
to have a faster Trident 1024x768 driver.

Ingvar

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (08/17/90)

In article <1490@hagbard.dc.luth.se> Ingvar.Strand@ext.luth.se (Ingvar Strand) writes:
>In article <90228.100248KTK-VK@finou.oulu.fi> you write:
>>I would appreciate if any happy owners of Trident drivers sent their comments
>>on the apparent slowness of their Windows drivers (in particular the one for
>>1024x768). I am using a 16 MHz 386SX with a Morse TVGA card and I find that
>>the 1024x768 driver is appallingly slow. My TVGA Bios is version 1.00, would
>>version 1.01 perhaps be faster?
>
>Well, unfortunate I must agree with you, the new drivers are so slow
>that it's almost impossible to use paintbrush.
>If one tryes to draw a circle it becomes a hexagonal,

I must say that Trident 1024x768x16 driver is slower than generic
800x600x16 driver but I can't agree with that Paintbrush claim.
Perhaps this has something to do with 8 / 16 bit cards or cards from
different sources.

--
| harri.valkama@wmac00.uwasa.fi hv@uwasa.fi hv@flame.uwasa.fi hv@nic.funet.fi |