[comp.windows.ms] how to use "MessageBox

wang@nova.metaphor.com (Wu Wang) (08/21/90)

When I use "MessageBox()" within the modal dialog box (I did pass the dialog box
window handle to "MessageBox()"), the message dialog shows up but the system
hangs so that I have to reboot.  What is wrong with it?  Thanks for any advice.

goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) (08/21/90)

In article <1378@metaphor.Metaphor.COM> wang@nova.metaphor.com writes:
>When I use "MessageBox()" within the modal dialog box (I did pass the dialog box
>window handle to "MessageBox()"), the message dialog shows up but the system
>hangs so that I have to reboot.  What is wrong with it?  Thanks for any advice.

Try compiling with the -Zd option, producing a .sym file and running under
the debug option.  I would expect you to get a fatal exit there that should
provide more information.  (You will need a terminal on COM1, or to be running
under codeview to get the fatal exit message.)

--
Bob Goodearl -- goodearl@world.std.com