[comp.windows.ms] Fonts for Windows

wigan@civeng.monash.edu.au (David Neiger) (08/21/90)

I have been told that there are fonts for MS WINDOWS on
font-server@mims-iris.waterloo.edu.  Could someone please have a look and tell
me if there is a Cyrillic (Russian font).  I have FTP access but the name server
in Australia does not know what the ID for the above FTP site is.  If someone
knows the number could they please tell me.

Thanks

David
--
David S. Neiger                 |  cie221u@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Research Assistant              |  phone:  +61 3 842 7994 (A/H)

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Confusion Reigns) (08/22/90)

In article <40937.26d1c5e2@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> wigan@civeng.monash.edu.au (David Neiger) writes:
>I have been told that there are fonts for MS WINDOWS on
>font-server@mims-iris.waterloo.edu.  Could someone please have a look and tell
>me if there is a Cyrillic (Russian font).  I have FTP access but the name server
>in Australia does not know what the ID for the above FTP site is.  If someone
>knows the number could they please tell me.

The number for cica is 129.79.20.22.  There is no Cyrillic font.  The fonts
are:

AvantGarde (Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic)
Bookman (ditto)
Courier (ditto)
Garamond (ditto)
Helvetica (Normal, Bold, Itali
c, Bold-Italic, Black, Black-Italic, Light,
	   Light-Italic)
Korinna (Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic)
New Century Schoolbook (ditto)
Palatino (ditto)
Symbol (Normal)
Times-Roman (Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic)
Zapf Chancery (Italic)
Zapf Dingbats (Normal)

--
Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu

andrzej@bcars268.UUCP (Andrzej Bieszczad) (08/22/90)

In article <8166@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU
(Confusion Reigns) writes:
|>The number for cica is 129.79.20.22.  There is no Cyrillic font.  The fonts
|>are:

|>--
|>Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu

Could you specify the directory the fonts can be found in?
I am using an ftp server, so I cannot browse the file system.

(I tried to e-mail the question, but it did not go through
   - Thanks in advance)

Andrzej Bieszczad (Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.)
USENET:  uunet!bnrgate!bigsur!andrzej
BitNet:  andrzej@BNR.CA
Surface: Dept. 7G12, P.O. Box 3511, Station C,    Phone: (613) 763-2259
         Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4H7         Fax:   (613) 763-3283

erick@sunee.waterloo.edu (Erick Engelke) (08/22/90)

In article <40937.26d1c5e2@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> wigan@civeng.monash.edu.au (David Neiger) writes:
>I have been told that there are fonts for MS WINDOWS on
>font-server@mims-iris.waterloo.edu.  Could someone please have a look and tell
>me if there is a Cyrillic (Russian font). I have FTP access but the name server
>in Australia does not know what the ID for the above FTP site is.  If someone
>knows the number could they please tell me.

The computer name is actually mims-iris.waterloo.edu [129.97.129.116].  You
should FTP in with user anonymous and check FONTS.

Erick Engelke
Watstar Network Systems Manager
Faculty of Engineering
University of Waterloo

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (08/22/90)

Erick Engelke <erick@sunee.waterloo.edu> writes:
> The computer name is actually mims-iris.waterloo.edu [129.97.129.116].  You
> should FTP in with user anonymous and check FONTS.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our archive doesn't have any Windows
fonts.  I'd be glad to archive them, but currently the only ones I know
of are on cica.cica.indiana.edu (129.79.20.22).

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]

andrzej@bcars268.UUCP (Andrzej Bieszczad) (08/23/90)

In article <1990Aug22.161639.3059@watserv1.waterloo.edu>,
tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) writes:
mims-iris.waterloo.edu.

|>Erick Engelke <erick@sunee.waterloo.edu> writes:
|>> The computer name is actually mims-iris.waterloo.edu [129.97.129.116].  You
|>> should FTP in with user anonymous and check FONTS.
|>
|>Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our archive doesn't have any Windows
|>fonts.  I'd be glad to archive them, but currently the only ones I know
|>of are on cica.cica.indiana.edu (129.79.20.22).

I looked at 129.79.20.22 and could not find any fonts in pub/pc/win3.
There are some fonts on 129.97.129.116 (in fonts), but I did not see
any Win3 reference.

Could some kind soul anwer the question: WHERE ARE THE FONTS ?

Please do include complete paths for those of us who have to use
ftp servers. (For example, the following format would not be confusing:

	cica.cica.indiana.edu(129.79.20.22):pub/pc/win3
)

Thanks a lot,

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Confusion Reigns) (08/23/90)

In article <1990Aug22.222239.5017@bigsur.uucp> andrzej@bcars268.UUCP (Andrzej Bieszczad) writes:
>I looked at 129.79.20.22 and could not find any fonts in pub/pc/win3.
>There are some fonts on 129.97.129.116 (in fonts), but I did not see
>any Win3 reference.
>
>Could some kind soul anwer the question: WHERE ARE THE FONTS ?
>
>Please do include complete paths for those of us who have to use
>ftp servers. (For example, the following format would not be confusing:
>
>	cica.cica.indiana.edu(129.79.20.22):pub/pc/win3

OK...here goes.

cica.cica.indiana.edu(129.79.20.22): pub/pc/win3/fonts.lzh

This is a very large file (>900K).

--
Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu