[comp.windows.ms] ADOBE Type Manager for Windows

jaz@icd.ab.com (Jack A. Zucker) (08/22/90)

Does anyone have a release date yet ?

-jaz

phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (08/23/90)

In article <1763@abvax.UUCP> jaz@icd.ab.com (Jack A. Zucker) writes:
|Does anyone have a release date yet ?

PC Connection has been advertising it, I assumed this meant it was
shipping.

--
Phil Ngai, phil@amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil

jaz@icd.ab.com (Jack A. Zucker) (08/23/90)

In article <1990Aug23.054711.10499@amd.com>, phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil
Ngai) writes:
> In article <1763@abvax.UUCP> jaz@icd.ab.com (Jack A. Zucker) writes:
> |Does anyone have a release date yet ?
>
> PC Connection has been advertising it, I assumed this meant it was
> shipping.

I called them and they are taking orders but do not have it yet !

-jaz

rpk@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Robert Krajewski) (08/24/90)

Supposedly, PC Connection is already advertising it.

What I'm more interested in is how it works.  On the Mac, there's a
fairly orderly way to patch traps.  How does ATM for Windows patch the
font bitmap retreiver in GDI, thus turning it into a real font
rasterizer ?  Did Microsoft provide some trap doors for Adobe ?
Or is it implemented in a fairly gross way, by reimplementing TextOut,
DrawText, etc. ?
Robert P. Krajewski
Internet: rpk@ai.mit.edu ; Lotus: robert_krajewski.lotus@crd.dnet.lotus.com