[comp.windows.ms] Re^2: Win3.0 vs. LogicTech Mice

cdh1@eds1.UUCP (C. Daniel Hassell) (08/24/90)

bnk@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Bob N Keenan) writes:

>In article <589@eds1.UUCP> cdh1@eds1.UUCP (C. Daniel Hassell) writes:
>>Maybe the world already knows about this, but we have found a bug in
>>the standard Win 3.0 driver for LogicTech mice.  Gateway 2000 used
>>to ship these mice to us with their systems (they have since switched
>>to MS rodents).  The problem is that when you open a non-Windows
>> {problem deleted}

>I have a GATEWAY 2000 386/20 and I use the Logitech c9 serial hi-res
>mouse and have never experienced such problems.  Are you sure you have
>windows configured for the correct mouse??

Yes.  I installed 5 new systems in our office and they all did the same
thing.  We also have 386/20 's.  They've got the 65 meg RLL drives, 4 meg
RAM, and are equipped with a 5 meg permanent swap file.  Someone sent me
mail saying that they found the mouse driver wanted to have the DOS device
driver loaded before Windows; I haven't had a chance to check this out.

CDH