[comp.windows.ms] TRIDENT VGA Driver for WIN 3?

les@uwovax.uwo.ca (08/22/90)

 I have a Trident Micro Systems VGA Card which supports 800x600 and 1024x768
resolutions.  Although I have the screen drivers for MS-WINDOWS 2.2, I
don't have anything for WINDOWS V3.0.

 Does anyone have the V3.0 driver for this card?  Any help would be appreciated.
(Even a phone or city for Trident). Somebody once mentioned that the TVGA is
an ATI VGA Wonder clone. Would the ATI driver work?

---
Les Flodrowski                                   CA: les@vaxi.sscl.uwo.CA
Social Science Computing Laboratory          Bitnet: les@uwovax.BITNET
University of Western Ontario                  UUCP: les@julian.UUCP
London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5C2                     (...!watmath!julian..)

dlg6627@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (08/22/90)

Its available in ftp hv@uwasa.fi
Happy downloading

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (08/22/90)

In article <118500049@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> dlg6627@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Its available in ftp hv@uwasa.fi
>Happy downloading

Hey, that's my MAIL address. Ftp to chyde.uwasa.fi (128.214.12.3)

--
== Harri Valkama ==============================================================
| harri.valkama@wmac00.uwasa.fi hv@uwasa.fi hv@flame.uwasa.fi hv@nic.funet.fi |

csd29@seq1.keele.ac.uk (A. Herath) (08/24/90)

From article <1990Aug22.144503.18383@uwasa.fi>, by hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE):
> In article <118500049@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> dlg6627@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>Its available in ftp hv@uwasa.fi
>>Happy downloading
>
> Hey, that's my MAIL address. Ftp to chyde.uwasa.fi (128.214.12.3)

I tried this  and filed (I  mean the  drivers.) I suppose  they are  for
their new chip mine contains TVGA 8800CS chip.  Does anybody know  where
I can find drivers for TVGA 8800CS chip?

Thanks,

Athula.

nbladt@aut.UUCP (Norbert Bladt) (08/24/90)

les@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:

> I have a Trident Micro Systems VGA Card which supports 800x600 and 1024x768
>resolutions.  Although I have the screen drivers for MS-WINDOWS 2.2, I
Where did you get Win 2.2 ? I never saw it.

>don't have anything for WINDOWS V3.0.

> Does anyone have the V3.0 driver for this card? Any help would be appreciated.
There was a generic 800x600x4 (16 colour) driver called sv800 posted a
few weeks ago (in c.b.i.p if memory serves right, that is). I saved
that and after Win3.0 arrived I tried it and it works without problems.
You should look at the archives for it (Sorry, I can't use any archive now
so I didn't remember the name(s)).

>(Even a phone or city for Trident). Somebody once mentioned that the TVGA is
>an ATI VGA Wonder clone. Would the ATI driver work?
That is not true.

>---
>Les Flodrowski                                   CA: les@vaxi.sscl.uwo.CA
>Social Science Computing Laboratory          Bitnet: les@uwovax.BITNET
>University of Western Ontario                  UUCP: les@julian.UUCP
>London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5C2                     (...!watmath!julian..)

Norbert Bladt.
--
Please use this path as return address. DON'T USE THE RETURN PATH IN THE HEADER
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (08/24/90)

In article <583@keele.keele.ac.uk> csd29@seq1.keele.ac.uk (A. Herath) writes:
>I tried this  and filed (I  mean the  drivers.) I suppose  they are  for
>their new chip mine contains TVGA 8800CS chip.  Does anybody know  where
>I can find drivers for TVGA 8800CS chip?

I don't know about the letters but mine is 8800, too and they do work
for me. What I know is a conflict with graphics card BIOS. The new
8900 cards need their BIOS changed. That is what I was told here in
Finland by the dealer I bought my card.