[comp.windows.ms] Fonts available on Cica.Cica.Indiana.Edu

ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) (08/28/90)

I just downloaded the windows fonts from cica.cica.indiana.edu
 (fonts.lzh). How do you decode an .lzh file???? It doesn't
 seem to be zipped, arced or zooed? What's up????

tim

mr@ogre (Michael Regoli) (08/28/90)

In <9105@ur-cc.UUCP> ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) writes:

>I just downloaded the windows fonts from cica.cica.indiana.edu
> (fonts.lzh). How do you decode an .lzh file???? It doesn't
> seem to be zipped, arced or zooed? What's up????

>tim

It's a lharc-ed file.  You'll need to get pub/pc/starter/lharc.zip to
deal with a .lzh file.  I'll be converting it to a .zoo or .zip file
soon.

Sorry for the mess.

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu

ron@woan (Ronald S. Woan) (08/28/90)

In article <9105@ur-cc.UUCP>, ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy
Takahashi) writes:
Tim> I just downloaded the windows fonts from cica.cica.indiana.edu
Tim>  (fonts.lzh). How do you decode an .lzh file???? It doesn't
Tim>  seem to be zipped, arced or zooed? What's up????

Probably compressed with LHARC... Maybe we should have a convention
that files on cica be either in ZIP or self-extracting format.

+ Ronald S. Woan           woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan@soda.berkeley.edu +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

gt3070b@prism.gatech.EDU (Jeff Watkins) (08/28/90)

Takahashi) writes:
> I just downloaded the windows fonts from cica.cica.indiana.edu
>  (fonts.lzh). [...]

well... has anyone noticed that the fonts are screwed up?  Some of the point
sizes appear to be italicized.  Is this, in fact, true?  or is my copy junk?
I use Palatino in most of my documents and conveniently enough 18point is
italic.  ARGH!

If my copy is junk, tell me and I will download it again.

jeff

--
Jeff Watkins                       gt3070b@prism.gatech.edu
Convergent Media Systems           (404) 315-0105 voice  (404) 315-0231 data