[comp.windows.ms] Screen Peace Bugs

mr@ogre (Michael Regoli) (08/28/90)

In <1990Aug27.063630.9487@agate.berkeley.edu>
ohst-ag@garnet.berkeley.edu (Timothy Moy) writes:

>We've seen this before.  Were you, perchance, running ScreenPeace while
>this happened?  If so, remove it, and your problem will go away.
>...sad to say, ScreenPeace was the culprit.

I've also experienced crashes with no disks in the drives (they don't
necessarily have to do with the FileManager, anything will do, e.g.,
PageMaker, etc.)

I've noticed that I cannot get into the "Options" box of Screen Peace
with the iconified version of the clock running at the same time.  It
gives an "unrecoverable application error" and Screen Peace dies.

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (08/28/90)

In article <mr.651776688@ogre> mr@ogre (Michael Regoli) writes:
>In <1990Aug27.063630.9487@agate.berkeley.edu>
>ohst-ag@garnet.berkeley.edu (Timothy Moy) writes:
>
>>We've seen this before.  Were you, perchance, running ScreenPeace while
>>this happened?  If so, remove it, and your problem will go away.
>>...sad to say, ScreenPeace was the culprit.
>
>I've also experienced crashes with no disks in the drives (they don't
>necessarily have to do with the FileManager, anything will do, e.g.,
>PageMaker, etc.)
>
>I've noticed that I cannot get into the "Options" box of Screen Peace
>with the iconified version of the clock running at the same time.  It
>gives an "unrecoverable application error" and Screen Peace dies.

I have not seen this latest problem you describe. I have the iconified clock
running all the time and I can get the options box just fine. There is a known
problem with the clock.spx extension to screenpeace. If you rename it to
something else, like clok.spx, it causes no problems.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254