[comp.windows.ms] Paradise Driver Problems

jjm@gator.cacs.usl.edu (John Mason) (08/27/90)

I've got a strange problem with the Paradise 3.0 drivers I downloaded
from the Western Digital BBS for my 512k Paradis OEM board.  About a
month ago I downloaded their win3_0.exe program and ran it.  It shows
3 drivers: 640x480x256, 800x600x16, and 1024x768x16.

The 800x600x16 and 1024x768x16 drivers work fine, but I find the
640x480 mode easier to read.  As you may have guessed, the 640x480x256
drivers don't seem to work at all.  I hear my multisync monitor switch
modes (as it does with the other drivers), but all I get is a screen
full of garbage.  I've noticed that windows ask for an OEM disk twice
when installing the 800x600 and 1024x768 modes, but only once for
640x480.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Better yet, does anyone know
how to solve it?  Is there a newer driver available somewhere?  Any
help would be appreciated, since this is driving me nuts.

				Thanks,

				John Mason (jjm@gator.cacs.usl.edu)

.signature under construction (!$@#& subcontractors)

vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) (08/29/90)

jjm@gator.cacs.usl.edu (John Mason) writes:
>640x480 mode easier to read.  As you may have guessed, the 640x480x256
>drivers don't seem to work at all.  I hear my multisync monitor switch
>modes (as it does with the other drivers), but all I get is a screen
>full of garbage.

I experienced the same problems, but with the Orchid drivers. The only
one not working is the 640x480x256. I have an Orchid Prodesigner Plus
with 512k memory and a NEC Multisync Plus. Strange ???
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice
Litwin Process Automation