[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 Font Format.

daniel@osf.org (Daniel Dardailler) (08/29/90)

Could someone tell me where I can find a description of the font
format used in Windows 3.0.
Is this specification PD or just private to Microsoft ?
Are there converters available from and to this format (BDF, LajerJet...).

It should be fine to exchange some stuff in addition to the look&fell :-)

        Daniel Dardailler          |          OSF/Motif Team
     Open Software Foundation      |      Email : daniel@osf.org
       11 Cambridge Center         |      Phone : (617) 621 8840
       CAMBRIDGE, MA 02142         |      Fax   : (617) 621 0584
        Disclaimer : This is just my opinion, not my employer's

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (08/29/90)

In article <12605@paperboy.OSF.ORG> daniel@osf.org (Daniel Dardailler) writes:

>Could someone tell me where I can find a description of the font
>format used in Windows 3.0.
>Is this specification PD or just private to Microsoft ?
>Are there converters available from and to this format (BDF, LajerJet...).
>
>It should be fine to exchange some stuff in addition to the look&fell :-)
>
>        Daniel Dardailler          |          OSF/Motif Team
>     Open Software Foundation      |      Email : daniel@osf.org

	Microsoft has a Application Notes phamphet which includes the format
	of Fonts, Icons, Bitmaps, EXE header files and other such information.
	All of this can be yours for $20.  Try calling 1-800-323-3577 or
	1-800-428-9400 or 1-206-882-8088 to order it.  This document is
	mentioned in the read.me file in the 3.0 SDK.

	If you purchase the document please type it in and post it so that
	the rest of us do not have to buy it :-)

	-----Dale
		Rogerson-----