[comp.windows.ms] Fonts for Windows - shareable or proprietary?

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (08/24/90)

In article <8166@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Confusion Reigns) writes:

> The number for cica is 129.79.20.22.  There is no Cyrillic font.  The fonts
> are:
>
> AvantGarde (Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic)
> Bookman (ditto)
> Courier (ditto)
> Garamond (ditto)
> Helvetica (Normal, Bold, Itali
> c, Bold-Italic, Black, Black-Italic, Light,
>          Light-Italic)
> Korinna (Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic)
> New Century Schoolbook (ditto)
> Palatino (ditto)
> Symbol (Normal)
> Times-Roman (Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic)
> Zapf Chancery (Italic)
> Zapf Dingbats (Normal)

These are Adobe screen fonts. Are they really shareable, or are they proprietary
products?
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |

karl@ficc.ferranti.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (08/27/90)

In article <41481.26d4f4c5@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) writes:
>These are Adobe screen fonts. Are they really shareable, or are they proprietary
>products?

Don't know, but of the fonts listed, AvantGarde, Courier, Helvetica,
New Century Schoolbook, Palatino, Symbol, Times-Roman, Zapf Chancery
and Zapf Dingbats either come with windows or are installed by word
for windows, because after I told word I had a postscript printer,
they showed up in word.
--
-- uunet!ficc!karl	"jackpot: you may have an unnecessary change record"
   uunet!sugar!karl						-- v7 diff

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Confusion Reigns) (08/28/90)

In article <41481.26d4f4c5@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) writes:
>These are Adobe screen fonts. Are they really shareable, or are they proprietary
>products?

I'm not completely sure about these, but I do know that Adobe has posted
Win3 screen fonts for the 35 standard faces to Compu$erve.  This seems to be
a different set, though.

--
Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (08/30/90)

In article <IUH5699@xds2.ferranti.com>, karl@ficc.ferranti.com (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
> In article <41481.26d4f4c5@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) writes:
>>These are Adobe screen fonts. Are they really shareable, or are they proprietary
>>products?
>
> Don't know, but of the fonts listed, AvantGarde, Courier, Helvetica,
> New Century Schoolbook, Palatino, Symbol, Times-Roman, Zapf Chancery
> and Zapf Dingbats either come with windows or are installed by word
> for windows, because after I told word I had a postscript printer,
> they showed up in word.
> --
That's because the printer supports them. The fonts on cica are screen fonts
that most definitely do NOT come with Win3. However, if as someone else has
suggested, Adobe uploaded most of these to Compuserve, there doesn't seem to be
much problem.