[comp.windows.ms] WRT

andy@maximus.UUCP (Andy Lynn) (09/01/90)

	I admit I probably missed the 42 articles on this, but a motivated
grep -i of this newsgroup's last 20 days of traffic didn't provide any
enlightenment.

	My Whitewater Resource Toolkit is *most* unhappy under Win3, all modes.
The specific pathology varies across modes: real = hang city, standard = I'm
warned about WRT being an "old app" and then hang city if I proceed,
enhanced = "not enough memory" (I can probably fix this, but my development
springhead is an i80286, so...)

	Have I simply failed to RTFM(s) properly? I have discovered that my
many HIMEM.SYS woes under Win3 were actually ANSI.SYS woes (I ripped ANSI.SYS
out to make Win3 happy!), and that I have to pretend to HIMEM.SYS that my 286
is a Wyse 12.5 Mhz PC, whatever that was. WRT *was* most happy, albeit slow,
under Win/286.

	E-mail saves me from a more intense red face.  I'll repost to the net
if the solution, if any, is dramatic enough.    Many thanks.

--
|Andy Lynn            |"This is just me...|What about the future?             |
|Teratec Systems, Inc.|impune no one else"|"And like the young lady said:     |
|Reston, Virginia     |STANDARD DISCLAIMER|'I said live it, or live with it!'"|

jcmorris@mwunix.mitre.org (Joe Morris) (09/04/90)

In article <166@maximus.UUCP> uunet!maximus!andy (Andy Lynn) writes:

>	My Whitewater Resource Toolkit is *most* unhappy under Win3, all modes.

...mainly because Whitewater hasn't yet released a Win3 version of the
product.  I called them back in June; their response then was "sometime
later this year".  I recently received a flyer from them extolling the
virtues of Actor and Resource ToolKit, but if you read the body text they
say that the Win3 version of the ToolKit isn't out yet.  Hopefully that
means that they're adding all sorts of new goodies to it and then making
sure that it is free of any errors...

Joe Morris

pfeifer@hpavla.AVO.HP.COM (Mark Pfeifer) (09/04/90)

I couldn't mail, so here's my reply...

Wait for the new version.  They've promised it for "later" this year.  I
haven't heard a more specific date.  I don't think it is possible to get the
old version running under Windows 3.0.

					Mark

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (09/04/90)

In article <166@maximus.UUCP> uunet!maximus!andy (Andy Lynn) writes:
>	My Whitewater Resource Toolkit is *most* unhappy under Win3, all modes.
>The specific pathology varies across modes: real = hang city, standard = I'm
>warned about WRT being an "old app" and then hang city if I proceed,
>enhanced = "not enough memory" (I can probably fix this, but my development
>springhead is an i80286, so...)

Unfortunatly, WRT is not available for Windows 3.0 at this time.  We are
taking orders for the upgrade and such now, but we won't have WRT for a
couple months (unfortunatly).  Due to the fact that we had to RADICALLY change
the program for new bitmaps, new icons, new cursors, new EXE files, and new
tools for Menus and Dialogs, it's taken us a while to prepare it for Windows
3.0 (we couldn't start on it until Actor for Windows 3.0 was done).  However,
it's reaching the finish line and you'll see it in the near future.

Patrick{
--
"What's in a name?  That which we call a rose by any other name would smell
 as sweet."             William Shakespeare