[comp.windows.ms] Quickly switch DOS sessions. Was: Re: Disable Windows handling of com port in 386 mode?

strobl@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Strobl) (09/05/90)

jonathan@jspc.wimsey.bc.ca (Jonathan Story) writes:

>    (As an aside from a former Desqview user: there are only two things
>about Windows which really bother me.  One is that I can't quickly switch
>from one DOS session to another, but have to return to windows, select the
>next DOS icon, etc.

That's easy. Simply create two PIF files with different keyboard shortcuts
(I'm not quite sure how these are called in the US version of Windows,
I am using the German version; it's the last field in the "more options"
dialog box in the pif editor) and start the two DOS sessions you want
to switch quickly using these PIF files.

I did this for all my old DOS applications, using CTRL+SHIFT+first letter
of application name as a shortcut. I can get to the MSDOS Kermit I'm
using here by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+K, for example. This even works while
using an application in fullscreen mode.

Wolfgang Strobl
#include <std.disclaimer.hpp>