[comp.windows.ms] Orchid Prodesigner drivers?

obrien@venus.ycc.yale.edu (09/07/90)

Can anyone tell me the status of the 800x600x256 and 640x480x256 drivers for
the Orchid Prodesigner (not the II)?  I haven't seen any mention here.

OBRIEN%OBRIEN@YALEVMS                Jim O'Brien, Dept. of Chem. Engrg.
OBRIEN%OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU     Yale University
OBRIEN@YALEVMS                       2159 YS, New Haven CT 06520, U.S.A.
OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU            +1 203 432 4382 (days)

parkerw@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (Parker Waechter) (09/08/90)

In article <427.26e6624f@venus.ycc.yale.edu> obrien@venus.ycc.yale.edu writes:
>Can anyone tell me the status of the 800x600x256 and 640x480x256 drivers for
>the Orchid Prodesigner (not the II)?  I haven't seen any mention here.

I talked to them on tues or so, and they said that Tseng still hasn't given
them the driver for the 3000 chipset yet.  They said they were "embarrassed".
			Parker

--
Parker B. Waechter					UCLA Biocybernetics Lab
parkerw@cs.ucla.edu					4731 Boelter Hall

rcstack@rw9.urc.tue.nl (Studenten Vereniging Stack) (09/11/90)

The Eizo Wb-10 drivers work fine with the Prodesigner. They can be found
at cica.cica.iniana.edu. (I can recommend the 800x600x256 driver since the
other drivers do not reprogram the video card correctly after returning to
Win3 from a graphics DOS application (EGA/VGA). The 800x600x256 driver does
not have this problem, but is rather slow in its screen updates.)

-Harry Stox
Email: Internet: rcstack@urc.tue.nl              Bitnet: rcstack1@heitue5
Computer Association STACK, Computing Centre RC 1.58,
Eindhoven University of Technology, POBox 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, Holland.

traiger@oxy.edu (Saul Traiger) (09/12/90)

In article <25@rc6.urc.tue.nl> rcstack@rw9.urc.tue.nl (Studenten Vereniging Stack) writes:
>The Eizo Wb-10 drivers work fine with the Prodesigner. They can be found
>at cica.cica.iniana.edu. (I can recommend the 800x600x256 driver since the
>other drivers do not reprogram the video card correctly after returning to
>Win3 from a graphics DOS application (EGA/VGA). The 800x600x256 driver does
>not have this problem, but is rather slow in its screen updates.)
>
>-Harry Stox
>--
>=============================================================================
>Email: Internet: rcstack@urc.tue.nl		  Bitnet: rcstack1@heitue5
>Computer Association STACK, Computing Centre RC 1.58,
>Eindhoven University of Technology, POBox 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, Holland.

I tried this with mixed success. First I found that following the instructions
in the readme file which tells you to modify the system.ini file manually
crashed my system. Once I ignored that I was able to get the drivers to
work. But I'm using a Nec 3d, and you must use vmode /ni to get the high
res drivers to work with this monitor.	 The mode switching is less than
perfect, however, and the result is a significant and ugly delay between full
screen and windowed modes on non-windows apps.

Also, the fonts are tiny in 1028x768 mode. Does anyone know how to deal
with that?

Saul
traiger@oxy.edu