[comp.windows.ms] WordPerfect for Windows

ff11@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (09/11/90)

Does anyone know when WordPerfect for Windows will be available?

Thanks.

Rumors are always appreciated

kls@osupyr.mps.ohio-state.edu (Kenneth L. Shellberg) (09/11/90)

Word Perfect Corporation is scheduled to speak and demonstrate Word Perfect
for Windows on March 11, 1991, to the Columbus Computer Society for MS/PC
DOS Compatibles.  According to their newsletter, the Columbus user group will
be the first user group to see this package.  So, sometime next Spring......

Ken

laughner@news.nd.edu (Tom laughner) (09/11/90)

From article <1516@osupyr.mps.ohio-state.edu>, by kls@osupyr.mps.ohio-state.edu (Kenneth L. Shellberg):
> Word Perfect Corporation is scheduled to speak and demonstrate Word Perfect
> for Windows on March 11, 1991, to the Columbus Computer Society for MS/PC
> DOS Compatibles.  According to their newsletter, the Columbus user group will
> be the first user group to see this package.  So, sometime next Spring......
>
> Ken

I've heard first quarter 1991.  I saw the PM version in Chicago this past
summer, which is supposed to be pretty similar to Windows.  Talk about nice.
Especially great is the way graphics are handled.  To move a graphic, click it wwith your mouse and move it.  If you've worked with graphics in WordPerfect
you know how much an improvement this is!

Tom Laughner
DOS Consultant/Analyst
University of Notre Dame

aaron@jessica.stanford.edu (Aaron Wallace) (09/12/90)

In article <413@news.nd.edu> laughner@news.nd.edu (Tom laughner) writes:
>From article <1516@osupyr.mps.ohio-state.edu>, by kls@osupyr.mps.ohio-state.edu (Kenneth L. Shellberg):

>I've heard first quarter 1991.  I saw the PM version in Chicago this past
>summer, which is supposed to be pretty similar to Windows.  Talk about nice.
>Especially great is the way graphics are handled.  To move a graphic, click it wwith your mouse and move it.  If you've worked with graphics in WordPerfect
>you know how much an improvement this is!

For those who don't want to wait, moving graphics in Ami Professional is just
as easy.  I just hope the Windows version of WP isn't like the Mac versions--
trying to straddle the line between the WP/DOS interface and a GUI...

Aaron Wallace

thorh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Thor Hallen) (09/12/90)

In article <34219.26ec0bc1@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, ff11@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
> Does anyone know when WordPerfect for Windows will be available?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rumors are always appreciated

Check the editorial in the last issue of their customer newsletter. I think
they mentioned a release goal of late this year. PC Magazine also commented
(speculated ?) on the features and schedule a couple of months ago in a
special volume on word processors for windows.

						Thor Hallen
						Tektronix, Inc.

marshall@wind55.seri.gov (Marshall L. Buhl) (09/12/90)

aaron@jessica.stanford.edu (Aaron Wallace) writes:

>For those who don't want to wait, moving graphics in Ami Professional is just
>as easy.  I just hope the Windows version of WP isn't like the Mac versions--
>trying to straddle the line between the WP/DOS interface and a GUI...

If the pathetic mouse support that comes with 5.1 is any indication, I won't
hold my breath for WP for Windows.
--
Marshall L. Buhl, Jr.                EMAIL: marshall@seri.gov
Senior Computer Missionary           VOICE: (303)231-1014