[comp.windows.ms] Redefining keys in WinQVT for Emacs

markad@blake.acs.washington.edu (Mark Donnell) (09/12/90)

I have just started using WinQVT as my telecom package
because it seems to do the best terminal emulation
(as minimally tested so far) and multi-tasks under
windows. I would like to be able to define a few keys.
Is there any way to do this? Specifically, I would
like to be able to define a Meta-key and define the
arrow keys to do something useful (like move the
cursor). Any help would be appreciated.

Or, alternatively, can Unicom do this?

Thanks,
Mark

steve@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Steve Mitchell) (09/12/90)

Kermit 3.02 multitasks very nicely under Windows 3.0 (I use it both in
a window and full-screen, depending on my mood), and comes complete
with source code.  I'm using it with GNU emacs right now.  I haven't
hacked in the metakey support yet, but Real Soon Now...  The cursor keys
do work just fine.  (thanks to come termcap hacking on the Sun)

Also, kermit 3.02 works just fine across my ethernet (using the new
SET PORT TELAPI nn.nn.nn.nn command).  As far as I know it only works
with Excelan's LAN Workplace for DOS TCP/IP software, but with that much
hacked in and source code in front of you it should be possible to
support other telnet-API's.
--
		-  Steve Mitchell	steve@cps.altadena.ca.us
					grian!steve@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (09/13/90)

In article <1990Sep12.054741.5389@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us> steve@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Steve Mitchell) writes:

>Kermit 3.02 multitasks very nicely under Windows 3.0 (I use it both in
>a window and full-screen, depending on my mood), and comes complete
>with source code.

Is this the same version of kermit that was distributed on the net a while ago,
or a windows specific version? ... if Win3 specific, where can I ftp it from?

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr

steve@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Steve Mitchell) (09/13/90)

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) writes:

>In article <1990Sep12.054741.5389@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us> steve@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Steve Mitchell) writes:
>>
>>Kermit 3.02 multitasks very nicely under Windows 3.0 (I use it both in
>>a window and full-screen, depending on my mood), and comes complete
>>with source code.

>Is this the same version of kermit that was distributed on the net a while ago,
>or a windows specific version? ... if Win3 specific, where can I ftp it from?

This is the current beta version of ms-kermit from Columbia University.  You
can ftp it from watsun.cc.columbia.edu (128.59.39.2).  The current release
is 3.01, but I've had no problem with 3.02 and find it's network support
a god-send.  Much better than the commercial products I've tried! 8{)

There is a Windows-specific version of kermit on the host at Columbia,
but it's  a 2.11 version.  I understand a Win3 version is under development...